Sunday, December 2, 2007

Pepper-Spray Pageant Scandal



Miss Puerto Rico Universe, Ingrid Marie Riviera, claims she was sabotaged by a pepper-spray attacker during the November 23 competition. Riviera supposedly broke out in hives and suffered swelling during the competition and had to ice down her face and body in between appearances. However, it seems Riviera may have been calling "wolf." Police have tested the beauty queen's clothing and were unable to find traces of capsicum, the active ingredient in pepper-spray. Wait I'm sorry....is this a joke? Or a movie? Because I am pretty sure I saw the in Ms. Congeniality! Either way, it seems pageant sabotager's have taken it to a new level. The police are now focusing on whether or not someone lied to detectives at any point in the investigation, which is a felony. Can you imagine if Miss Puerto Rico Universe was ordered behind bars for lying about being a pepper-spray victim? I'm sorry if I sound insensitive I just find the whole situation pretty amusing.

No comments: