Friday, November 30, 2007

Spice Up Your Life!


They're Back!! The world-famous, girl-power group has comeback together after a 10-year hiatus. The Spice Girls were an absolute hit in the 90's, breaking records all over the world. They had girls everywhere singing along to their songs and dressing up in 5-inch platform shoes, something no 9 year old would ever dream of on their own. I know because I was one of them. I was obsessed! My friends and I knew every word to every song and would frequently pretend we were the Spice Girls any chance we got. The first concert I ever went to was to see the Spice Girls! And I was even more enamored after that. They are one of the most successful girl groups to date and I suspect their comback tour may break records again. By being picky on the cities they visit, they have a better chance of selling out venues and attracting a much larger audience than if they went on a 50-city tour. Their movie, Spice World, which might be one of the dumbest movies of all time, was played and re-wound many times in my house! I would love to see the girl's back in action just to see if they still have it! But judging by their phenomenal figures, they definately look like they're back in shape. Roberto Cavalli designed all of their costumes for the tour so I can only imagine how wonderful those are, a big step up from the giant platforms and pig-tails they paraded around in. I wonder if they will develop the same teeny-bopper following they had in the 90's or if the grown up teeny-boppers will be the ones screaming like school-girls at their concerts. I guess we will have to wait to see!

No comments: