Thursday, November 29, 2007

Time....What?



This ad frustrates me and confuses me every single time I see it. Dolce & Gabbana is advertising their new line of watches, which is clear given all of the jewelry close-ups. And I understand that sex sells...especially in jewelry advertisements. What I don't undertand is why the last shot of the commercial focuses in on 2 guys and 2 girls making out. I have no problem with homosexuality and I believe in gay rights, but for some reason I don't think that is the message Dolce & Gabbana is attempting to convey to the viewers. Essentially, the person is kissing a mirror image of himself. But why? I have tried to come up with an explanation for myself, and maybe I just don't see it. But I don't see how that last shot makes any sense for a watch campaign. I like the fact that it's fast paced and and of course is full of beautiful people and is a somewhat different approach for a line of watches, but I am still lost when it comes to the last scene. Someone please explain to me the underlying meaning of this advertisement, but I am completely oblivious to it!

No comments: