Monday, November 12, 2007

My Best Friend



I have been so fortunate in my life to be blessed with such a wonderful family and amazing friends. Family and friends mean everything to me and I can't imagine my life without each and every one of them. But there is one extra-special person who I could not live without...my brother Newton. He is my rock, my shield, my shoulder to cry on, the hand that pulls me up when I'm down, the one to tell me when I'm wrong, and the one who always tells me how proud he is of me. We have been through everything together. Things most siblings aren't faced with until they have families of their own. Since the age of 12, when we lost our mom, he has been my guiding post. I have asked him questions about everything from boys and relationships to religion and politics. And somehow, he always has advice for me. He may not always have an answer, but he always has words of wisdom that lead me to the answer I set out to find. We are 8 years apart and most people find it funny that we are so close given our age gap. But I think that is part of the reason we are so close. We never faught growing up and we hardly ever argue today. Our relationship is completely built on love, trust, and the understanding that we will always be there for each other. No matter what time of day, where we are, how old we are, or how much trouble we are in, or I am in! I feel truly blessed to have someone so special and amazing in my life, and even more blessed that we have more in common than 2 friends possibly could. My brother is and always will be my best friend!

No comments: