Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Boulevard



Herds of SMU students crowded around tents, barbecuing and listening to music, counting down the time until they can stampede into the stadium to cheer on our fellow mustangs. This scenario is also know as game day on the boulevard. It is an SMU tradition, and a great one at that.
I love how SMU is a small enough community so that the entire student body, or a good portion of it, can come together and share America’s oldest pastime, football. I love watching everyone move into the stadium, pumped up and ready to cheer for the mustangs. I love how so many people wear red and blue. Not only is it a great time to spend with friends, but it’s a great time to meet new people. I had been on the boulevard before I came to SMU with my brother, but its so much more fun when you are a student. Hanging out on the boulevard and going to the football games is my favorite experience at SMU so far!

No comments: