Monday, October 1, 2007

Fairy Dust!


Everyone has a character, whether it be a superhero, cartoon character, or animal, that they dressed up as for Halloween and secretly wish they could be. As you can see, mine is Tinkerbell. I was Tinkerbell 4 years in a row for Halloween and have always had a secret little obsession with her character. This is a drawing I did for a project where I had to design a costume with lights on it. I, of course, opted for Tinkerbell. Something about being able to fly around, sprinkling fairy dust and listening to other people without having to talk has always appealed to the "child" inside me. She is the epitomy of a little girl's alter-ego and sometimes, we have a hard time letting go of that. I wonder sometimes if I had the opportunity to be anyone or anything else for a day, what or who would I choose? There are so many influential and amazing people who have contributed extraordinary ideas and accomplishments to the world that I would love to "shadow" for a day. But if I could actually "be" someone else, Tinkerbell is definately my first choice. Everything I associate with Tinkerbell has a happy or exciting connotation. She isn't really a controversial character and she gets to hang out with Peter Pan! There is an innocent, child-like perception of the world that I associate with Tinkerbell that I think everyone secretly envies and wishes we could revert back to.

No comments: