Thursday, October 4, 2007

Man Down!



Talk about guerrilla advertising! This was placed in different places around Toronto, Canada to promote the Canadian Red Cross. Their message: Know What to Do! If I were to come across this at the mall or at a movie theatre, I would definately be caught off-guard. There is a man lying on the floor, or so you think, and someone needs to help him. Why isn't anyone helping him? Why can't I help him? I'm guessing that Downtown Partners out of Toronto hopes that the people who come in contact with this ad will go through the same series of questions. All ultimately ending up at the same conclusion: learn what to do in case something like this really happens. It is a great way to get into people's heads about the importance of knowing how to save lives. A regular print ad would simply be flipped through, this puts it in your face making it hard to resist...the goal of advertising! I have never seen something like this done before, although I'm sure it has, so it seems very creative to me. The element of suprise is definately there because its presented in an unexpected fashion. Downtown Partners should be proud!

No comments: